Our daily lives are made up of many small habits. Research shows that habits make up 40% of our tasks on any given day! For this reason, you can imagine how powerful mastering your habits can be for your health and ultimately your life.
What are Habits?
Habits are the small decisions you make and the actions you perform on a daily basis. For better or worse, your habits make up your days. A great example is brushing your teeth every morning. It’s become so automatic (hopefully!) that you barely even think about it, you just do it – that’s a very well-established habit.
The Importance of Habits
As mentioned above, habits make up a good part of our days. Establishing good habits and breaking bad ones has the power to completely transform your life. This is because we are essentially the sum of our habits since we do them repeatedly day after day. And the more you stick to a habit, the more remarkable the results are.
For example, many people make exercise-based habit goals. And if you are able to actually stay consistent with those exercise habits, you will reap the benefits of improved health, mood, and physique.
Now, y’all know we’re all about nutrition here at Snap. For this reason, we’re focusing on nutrition-based habits for the first week of our Healthy Habits challenge. Improving your habits around food can radically improve your health with benefits like increased energy levels, improved mood, better digestion, and a healthy weight. Sometimes eating better can be confusing, so choosing one or a few nutrition-based habits and staying consistent with them is a great way to up your nutrition game.
Examples of Food + Nutrition Habits
- Aim to include at least one colorful fruit or vegetable on your plate at each meal
- Support your gut health by eating probiotic-rich foods once per day, like greek yogurt, kimchi, or kombucha
- Order Snap Kitchen meals for the week every Sunday.
- Try a new-to-you veggie this week – romanesco, anyone?
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day
- Add some flavorful herbs or spices to your dinners for a boost of flavor and antioxidants
- Limit eating out to a max of 3 times this week
- Add healthy fat to your meals, like avocado, pumpkin seeds, or olives to keep you fuller for longer
- Choose whole grains, like brown rice or quinoa, over white refined starches
- Indulge smarter with antioxidant-rich dark chocolate
Nutritious Meals at Snap
Even though all of our meals at Snap Kitchen are nutritious, there are some standouts when it comes to nutrition. We love our cozy Creamy Chicken Stew for its balanced macro breakdown that’s hard to come by in comfort food. The Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa & Dirty Rice is as colorful as it is flavorful, and all those colors = antioxidants! And if you’re looking to keep the carbs on the low side, check out our Romesco Chicken with Grilled Kale & Mushrooms.
Tell us which Nutrition Habits you’re excited about incorporating into your routine? We’d love to hear from you!