Is there any better feeling than cracking open a perfectly polished, green avocado? There’s a reason this vegetable is a consistent go-to, and here at Snap, we love any excuse to incorporate this nutrient-dense stunner into the mix. Which is why we’re so excited to share our favorite avocado recipes with you to make at home!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs:
Deviled eggs make for a great snack or add-on to any meal, and BONUS: they are packed with protein! We are loving these Guacamole Deviled Eggs by Delish for a lighter and zesty spin on a traditional fave, making for some super refreshing bites.
Tomato and Avocado Bruschetta:
Avocado Pesto Pasta:
We’re really into this unique and summery take on pesto by The Spruce Eats. With avocado, walnuts, and parmesan, this sauce is super flavorful AND nutritious! Pair it with your favorite pasta or zoodles for a delicious, refreshing meal!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Avocado Pudding:
And to cap it all off: avocado for dessert! Just in case you weren’t already convinced that avocados are perfect in every way, this superfood also makes for a flawless, creamy base for sweets like this silky, rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Avocado Pudding by The Minimalist Baker. This dish is totally swoon-worthy and a delicious, summer-friendly dessert.
Curious what makes avocados so nutritious? We’ve rounded up our favorite benefits below:
- Rich in nutrients like vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, fiber, healthy fats, and more!
- They’ve got more potassium than a banana (but less than a potato – did you know that potatoes have tons of potassium?)
- Filled with healthy fats, which are good for hormones, brain health, heart health, and so much more. In fact, the healthy fats in avocados may help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Tons of fiber for better digestion and a healthier gut!
- They contain lots of antioxidants for fighting free radical damage
- The fat in avocados (much like other healthy fats!) helps you better absorb nutrients like vitamins A, D, E and K.
Flavor AND nutrition. What more could you want?
What are some of your favorite avocado recipes? Let us know in the comments!