From gem-toned smoothie bowls to unicorn toast, spirulina is getting a lot of love lately. But unless you work at a health food store or dabble in the healthy Instagram space, you might be a liiiittle confused. Don’t worry, we’re here to help with the world’s quickest rundown of the superfood staple.
- a blue-green colored algae, often consumed in a dried powder form.
- pronounced “speer-uh-lee-nuh.”
- rich in chlorophyll, a green pigment present in plants.
- a complete source of plant protein.
- high in energy boosting B vitamins– B1, B2, B3, B6, and B9.
- full of highly absorbable iron, a big win for vegetarians & vegans!
- packed with protective antioxidants, including phycocyanin.
- helpful in detoxifying the liver.
- what gives our cashew crema its beautiful hue in our Tex Mex Chicken Bowl.
Ready for your first taste? Dig in.