On September 24,the first-ever Philly Free Streets will go down – and we’ll be there in full force.
Between 8am-1pm, the City of Philadelphia is opening 10 miles of streets, and inviting everyone to walk, run, bike, play and see the city from a different point of view. From Front & South to the Schuylkill River Trail and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, and on to Parkside and West Fairmount Park, the route will include free, family-friendly fitness activities and educational programming about the City’s waterways, public art, architecture, environment, and vibrant cultures.
We’re #notcooking up a few surprises along the way as well! Here’s what we have going on:
- We teamed up with RockMyRun to create a mix just for Philly. Think Hall & Oates, Fresh Prince & Taylor Swift – and some classic Philly shout-outs. Download the app and look out for the “Philly Freedom” mix.
- Even with the perfect workout mix, an exciting route and the best intentions, sometimes you need one more incentive to get you going. That’s where Vea Fitness, the Official App of Philly Free Streets, comes in. During the event, users can take ‘challenges’ through the app and earn extra rewards – including Snap Kitchen offers & swag – at their completion!
- When you’re walking down the Schuylkill River Trail, up to the Art Museum & MLK Drive, open up Snapchat for a Free Streets Filter!
- Look out for the Snap Kitchen Tricycle – trust us, there’s La Colombe Coffee inside the on-board cooler.
- We’ll be cooking up some fresh nut blends, including new fall favorites, and have some Steve’s Paleo and Barnana snacks on hand as well!
- Bring your little ones to our children’s nutritional workshop, followed by a quick workout with Gwi and Wayne of ITrainLions – offered three times throughout the day.
- Keep your eyes peeled. The newest Philly Snap shop location will be revealed along the way!
Whether you walk, bike, run, skate, or leisurely take in a few sites before a late brunch, we can’t wait to see what happens when Philly opens the streets. Make sure to check back to the official Philly Free Streets site for the schedule and locations of all of the events throughout the day, and follow @phillyfreests and @phillyfreestreets for live activation details, contests and info.
Meet ya on the streets!