10 Ways to REALLY Make 2017 a New Year

By January 4, 2017 Healthy Living, Healthy Tips, Popular, Uncategorized

New Year’s resolutions are a total crapshoot. Seriously, only 8% of people successfully achieve their resolutions. We’re willing to bet you, dear reader, are part of the other 92%. Welcome to the club, most of us are here.

Nothing feels worse than not executing on a goal we’ve set for ourselves, so this year, we’re staying away from resolutions. We’re not going to make any vague vows to lose weight, or to “be healthier,” or to spend less. But we are going to kiss 2016 goodbye and turn 2017 into a fresh start. Want in? Here are a few ideas:

1. Clean out your closet and pantry. Get rid of anything you haven’t worn in a year and anything that makes you feel less than fabulous. In the kitchen, throw away anything that’s expired and, if you’re really trying to start fresh, trash any highly processed foods or snacks you’re tempted to overeat.

2 . Get a dramatic haircut. New year, new hair, new you.

3. Get your inbox down to zero. First a clean closet, now a clean inbox? Talk about starting the year off fresh!

4. Book a flight. Right now. Open a new tab, enter in the URL of your favorite airline, and do it. Have you ever regretted a vacation? Didn’t think so.

5. Join a new group (or reconnect with an old one). Look into a sports league, a professional class (General Assembly is a national organization with some pretty cool options), or networking group (we love Boss Babes in Austin!). Meeting new people can do a whole lot to open your world up. And if you just want to rekindle your old friendships, start a group text, WhatsApp, or Snapchat group and you’ll go from periodic visits and Facebook stalking sessions to regular communication.

6. Try a new restaurant. Eater.com is a great resource to help you stay on top of what just opened in your city.

7. Paint a room in your house. It’s a relatively easy, inexpensive way to make your space feel completely different.

8. Unfollow your ex on social media. Off your feed, out of mind.

9. Or just get off social media entirely. Ok, we still want you to like our pics on Instagram, but we totally support you unplugging for a week.

10. Let go of 2016. This may take some work– spiritual, psychological, and even physical– but a crucial part of making 2017 a true new year is to let go of the last one. Set aside some time to figure out what “letting go” means to you and then get after it.

What does a fresh new year look like to you? Tweet us at @snapkitchen!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

    Leave a Reply